[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] The ubiquitous networks of CCTV cameras covering vast parts of our cities are far from being private. Hacking them is (apparently) easy and some networks are even publicly available online. This footage offers a glimpse into the lives of complete strangers and is the raw material used by Andrew Hammerand in his series The New Town.
[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] Third installment of their ongoing colorspace series, Rising Colorspace also makes good use of Sonice Development's drawing robots we featured a year ago. In this site-specific installation, the robot draws colorful lines as its moves up along a shiny metallic wall.
[CONCEPT] Presented last year at the Kobe Bienniale, Garden is an immersive installation found inside a shipping container. The artwork is made of 1100 triangular mirrors that bend and reflect light. As he steps in the container, the visitor is completely immersed in a life-size kaleidoscope.
Land art reinvented: The projections of “Luminance Interventions” connect nature and geometric patterns
[CONCEPT] Wandering through the art galleries found on Google Art Project, Mario Santamaria discovered that many artworks were actually blurred for copyright reasons. In his "Righted Museum", he compiled views from museums around the world featuring these hidden masterpieces.
[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] Leonardo Ulian has been creating these "Technological Mandalas" since 2011. He wanted to combine the spiritual meaning of the Indian mandalas with something diametrically opposite from its sphere of influence, technology.
[CONCEPT] While sitting by the riverside, Anna Marinenko realized how the landscape of reeds reflecting in the water in front of her was similar to a much more technological item: the sound waves she would see everyday on her music player. Once in the city, she looked for more views of nature she could connect to sound waves
Welcome to the Uncanny Valley! Luisa Whitton photographs the humanoids created by the Japanese robotics industry
[ROBOT UPRISING] "What About The Heart?" is an ongoing project documenting the development of humanoid robots currently led by the Japanese robotics industry. Through this research, Luisa Whitton is trying to understand "what does it mean to be human as technology progresses"
[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] Sabrina Ratté recently joined the Computers Club and made for the computer art collective this hypnotic video as an introduction to her work. Visites Possibles takes us on an enigmatic journey through an architectural space. The walls are in constant evolution and morph into electronic landscapes while abstract shapes appear and disappear at random.
[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] Augmented reality gets a whole new meaning in the animations created by Marty Cooper. Our reality is here enhanced thanks to traditional animation cels that are juxtaposed to real life situations and captured frame by frame with an iPhone 5S in order to create a stop motion animation
Now / Art & Design, Tech
[CONCEPT] What if virtual reality was the answer to the farming of free range chicken? The idea might seem far-fetched but it is the concept Austin Stewart is currently selling throughout Iowa. Hear him out before getting all upset.
[CONCEPT] 'Invisible' is made of two different sprays that will make 100% invisible, DNA-wise. The first spray, "Erase", destroys 99.5% of the genetic material left behind while the second one, "Replace", takes care the remaining 0.5% by adding DNA material form other sources.
[WTF] Have you ever thought of the origins of the bling worn by hip hop stars? Cecilia Azcarate and Ferdinando Verderi seem to think it could be from pre-16th Century art. Placed next to each other, the resemblance between ancient artworks and today's artists is striking.
[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] With "Cam Girls Project", Vanessa Omoregie invites women to copy a pose from famous Renaissance paintings. She then integrates these selfies into the artworks, creating a striking contrast between the century-old paintings and the digital images.
[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] Drones can now create paintings, but not without the help of KATSU. After experimenting for several months with attaching a remote sprayer to the drones, KATSU was able to create his first paintings on canvas that can measure up to 25 feet by 15 feet. I
[DIGITALLY-INSPIRED] A Picasso painting can be surprisingly similar to an emoji! "Emoji-nation" explores this duality by applying emojis or pop-up windows found in Instagram, Facebook or Windows on famous paintings.
[ROBOT UPRISING] Looking like a stripper wearing a Wicked mask, the life-size doll is actually an animatronic sculpture developed in collaboration with Spectral Moments for the first solo show of Jordan Wolfson at the David Zwirner gallery in New York.